Machinery Directive 2006/42/EC Annex IV and CCQS accredited Annex IV scopes
Machinery of the categories shown below, listed in this annex of the Directive is regarded as especially dangerous. Manufacturers may be able to make a self-declaration of conformity without reference to a Notified Body, but only if they can show that their equipment is completely in conformity with all the relevant requirements of a harmonised C type standard and the standard adequately covers all hazards that the equipment presents.
If that is not the case, the manufacturer must ask an appropriately accredited Machinery Directive Notified Body to examine the equipment. The Notified Body will issue an EC Type Examination certificate or an assessment of the manufacturers Quality system that ensures conformity.
CCQS is a Notified Body for most of the equipment in MD Annex IV. Our Notification does not cover categories of equipment shown in grey highlight. We are also not accredited for examination of Quality systems for MD conformity.
1. Circular saws (single- or multi-blade) for working with wood and material with similar physical characteristics or
for working with meat and material with similar physical characteristics, of the following types:
1.1. sawing machinery with fixed blade(s) during cutting, having a fixed bed or support with manual feed of the workpiece or with a demountable power feed;
1.2. sawing machinery with fixed blade(s) during cutting, having a manually operated reciprocating saw-bench or
1.3 sawing machinery with fixed blade(s) during cutting, having a built-in mechanical feed device for the workpieces,
with manual loading and/or unloading;
1.4. sawing machinery with movable blade(s) during cutting, having mechanical movement of the blade, with manual
loading and/or unloading.
2. Hand-fed surface planing machinery for woodworking.
3. Thicknessers for one-side dressing having a built-in mechanical feed device, with manual loading and/or unloading
4. Band-saws with manual loading and/or unloading for working with wood and material with similar physical characteristics or for working with meat and material with similar physical characteristics, of the following types:
4.1. sawing machinery with fixed blade(s) during cutting, having a fixed or reciprocating-movement bed or support
for the workpiece;
4.2. sawing machinery with blade(s) assembled on a carriage with reciprocating motion.
5. Combined machinery of the types referred to in points 1 to 4 and in point 7 for working with wood and material
with similar physical characteristics.
6. Hand-fed tenoning machinery with several tool holders for woodworking.
7. Hand-fed vertical spindle moulding machinery for working with wood and material with similar physical characteristics.
8. Portable chainsaws for woodworking.
9. Presses, including press-brakes, for the cold working of metals, with manual loading and/or unloading, whose
movable working parts may have a travel exceeding 6 mm and a speed exceeding 30 mm/s.
10. Injection or compression plastics-moulding machinery with manual loading or unloading.
11. Injection or compression rubber-moulding machinery with manual loading or unloading.
12. Machinery for underground working of the following types:
12.1. locomotives and brake-vans;
12.2. hydraulic-powered roof supports.
13. Manually loaded trucks for the collection of household refuse incorporating a compression mechanism.
14. Removable mechanical transmission devices including their guards.
15. Guards for removable mechanical transmission devices.
16. Vehicle servicing lifts.
17. Devices for the lifting of persons or of persons and goods involving a hazard of falling from a vertical height of
more than three metres. (CCQS is not accredited for EC Type examination of Mobile Elevating work Platforms)
18. Portable cartridge-operated fixing and other impact machinery.
19. Protective devices designed to detect the presence of persons.
20. Power-operated interlocking movable guards designed to be used as safeguards in machinery referred to in
points 9, 10 and 11.
21. Logic units to ensure safety functions.
22. Roll-over protective structures (ROPS).
23. Falling-object protective structures (FOPS).